While searching for something else (that's always how it happens, eh?) I discovered Glogster. I think I already knew of it one some level, but didn't investigate. So, what's a glog? It's a graphics-heavy blog, a page where you can mix a variety of media and express yourself. The have an edu version as well with some examples of how teachers are using it. The edu version allows students to have invidual glogs and limits access to the class.
While perusing some glogs I came across one that linked to wallwisher. This is a collaborative bulletin board with sticky notes. Looks cool. I started a wall just for fun -- check it out.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool! I could see this as a useful tool to introduce ourselves on the first day of class. Imagine: a photo or two with brief captions on one wall, or better yet - a wall for each person; might not be as overwhelming as a plethora of posts on Bb!
ReplyDeleteThis article about sticky notes was on the front page of my local newspaper. It's great to know that sticky notes are still being used the old-fashioned way. Check out operationbeautiful.com
ReplyDelete