A blogger -- a mommyblogger! -- is among Forbes list of the 30 most influential women in media.
Heather Armstrong, who blogs at dooce.com, comes in at #26. Here is her take on the situation.
Personally, as someone who studies bloggers (and particularly those who write in a personal/diaristic manner), I was both surprised and not surprised to see the Forbes list. Surprised because there still is some question about how willing the mainstream is to accept folks like Heather as part of the media -- and she's on the list with people like Oprah, Diane Sawyer, and Barbara Walters. Not surprised because Heather really is famous, and she's managed to parlay her blogging into a family-supporting career, complete with books and speaking engagements.
We've seen the rise of reality tv participants to prominence (I get it, but then again I don't get it -- although I totally get the fascination with reality tv in general). I guess it's time for the bloggers, now.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment