Sunday, July 11, 2010

yes, there's a class for that

Seen this afternoon while driving my daughter around so she would take a much needed nap.

7 comments:

  1. Don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere that seniors are one of the fastest growing groups on Facebook. In one of my classes last semester, a friend told me her 85 year old grandma had an account! Talk about a hip granny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my 40+ buddies joined up to help the groundswell, plus my aunts and uncles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Dummies book any good, John? I'm often skeptical of them on simple programs because they seem much longer than the content (how to log on? set up a profile? update a status?) warrants.

    My mom is on Facebook, as are various aunts and uncles. My sisters even finally agreed to friend my mom. I don't think my grandmother is on there, although she emails. My mother-in-law is not "allowed" by her children to have an account, but she logs on to my sister-in-law's account to look at photos, etc. which I think is pretty much the same as having an account. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! Yes, three of my four parents are facebookers, my mother-in-law and grandfather-in-law (82) are on facebook. It's so cool to see them online!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa,

    I normally love the "For Dummies" books when I'm learning about a topic that is new to me. They are a great place to start. However, the Facebook for Dummies really wasn't needed to get started for such a simple program. You stated it very well: The book was much longer than the content warranted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm warning all of you out there....
    Do not befriend your parents on facebook unless they are ultra hip and "down with it". I learned the hard way and I'm not a teenager. Ironically, I've befriended my daughter on facebook, but I know what not to do which is basically everything: do not comment on photos or updates. Keep your distance and just enjoy the glimpse into your daughter's life without intruding. Does this mean that I am semi-down?

    ReplyDelete