This is a blog for our Summer '10 class. It includes older posts from the Summer '09 class.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Web 2.0: Good for your love life?
A researcher is finding that social networking activity releases oxytocin, the "cuddle hormone". Who knew? Will old married couples be replacing a joint viewing of the 11 o'clock news with 1/2 hour on their laptops getting Facebook status updates? ;)
That is kind of sad, but true. My husband and I are facebook junkies-if we aren't on it at home (even work...embarrassing to admit), we are on our blackberries! I mean, we are those people who comment 20 seconds after you post something...hello, my name is Natalina, and I have a problem!
It's true though! I know the outcome of games, current news, etc, because of everyone's facebook updates...
It's amazing to see how different my life is now from 10 years ago. I didn't have an email address, had no idea what "this internet thing is"...just amazing to see the change. And now things change so much faster! I am curious to see how different things will be in a year or two...hmmm
HAHA!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is kind of sad, but true. My husband and I are facebook junkies-if we aren't on it at home (even work...embarrassing to admit), we are on our blackberries! I mean, we are those people who comment 20 seconds after you post something...hello, my name is Natalina, and I have a problem!
It's true though! I know the outcome of games, current news, etc, because of everyone's facebook updates...
It's amazing to see how different my life is now from 10 years ago. I didn't have an email address, had no idea what "this internet thing is"...just amazing to see the change. And now things change so much faster! I am curious to see how different things will be in a year or two...hmmm