Thursday night I was reading news on some web site and discovered that Clay Shirky has a new book -- and one that per its title is even closer to our field: Cognitive Surplus: Creativity and Generosity in a Connected Age (link goes to Amazon page if you want to find out more).
I ordered my copy Thursday night, and it will arrive on Tuesday (love my Amazon Prime shipping!). I'll move it to the top of my fun reading list and let you all know what I think. If you want to read and discuss along, please feel free. I can open a forum for it.
And an aside: Would anyone be interested in having a online reading group in the fall? Nothing too intense, just popular press books kind of like Shirky's book (so, an easy read) read on an easy-going schedule. It woudn't be for credit, but it could be fun and interesting. I'm always reading this stuff on my own and would love others to discuss it. Let me know if there's interest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would!!!! That book you just ordered sounds interesting...tell me more!
ReplyDeleteI think this would be great!
ReplyDeleteI'm game. I read a lot anyway, so it would be nice to have someone to discuss the readings with.
ReplyDeleteI would be interested in that. I've just finished Everyone is Coming and loved it. It has spawned so many ideas and so many questions. I'm happy to hear he has a new book out. Shirky's cool. I even blogged about www.OhMyNews.com because he mentioned it. Would love a reading group.
ReplyDeleteI'm in . .
ReplyDelete