See this article from Mashable for more info on the whole Twitter Places/geo-location trend.
Within the context of our class, do you see any applications for Twitter Places or other forms of geo-location within ISD or HPT?
This is a blog for our Summer '10 class. It includes older posts from the Summer '09 class.
Well, I had no idea what geo-location was so this was interesting. I'm also interested in the mashable.com site. This sounds like the iPhone app that they highlighted on CSI: New York where people connected with each other via Google Maps and their locations.
ReplyDeleteI would have never guessed that this would have developed, but now that I see it, it's somewhat of a V-8 moment. The game aspect is intriguing. I wonder about the dark side of knowing where someone is given the propensity for stalking. It would be great for keeping tabs on teenagers, assuming their location is accurate. It's going to be interesting to see how this all flushes out. It reminds me that the social / game aspect of all this is front and center.
ReplyDeleteWithin the context of our class, do you see any applications for Twitter Places or other forms of geo-location within ISD or HPT?
ReplyDeleteLets see . . . how could learning, instructional systems development, and human performance technology effectively utilize something like Twitter Places? My first inclination is to say it's limited; however many professions rely on location That being said, instructing one to embrace and leverage geo-location technology could have a profound effect in certain occupations. Say law enforcement for example. My point is it appears to be a viable tool to use; however, can it directly enhance instructional development? I'd be interested in others' thoughts as I'm not seeing it just yet . . . .